Width at front: c. 3 metres
The Rindsfuß was built around 1500. It was originally a barn which stood south of and belonged to the Wolf. Around 1600 the house was in split down the middle into two houses called Rindsfuß and Rindskopf. In 1610 rear buildings were added to both houses, the Kästenbaum behind the Rindsfuß and the Feigenbaum behind the Rindskopf. However, as the two rear buildings had a shared entrance, the city clerk counted them both with the Rindsfuß at the time of the house numbering in 1761.
The Rindsfuß was built for the widow Gutlin, who had migrated to Frankfurt with her husband Hayum in 1498 when the Jews were expelled from Nuremberg. The Rindsfuß family lived in these houses for centuries, although the family later changed its name to Rindskopf.
The occupants were generally relatively poor people. In 1694, for example, there were two families in the Rindsfuß who lived by selling butter and cheese.
Occupants of the Kästenbaum, the clerk's version of Kastanienbaum
("chestnut tree") included a butcher, a scribe, a schoolmaster and a foreigner with his family who had been living in the city for 15 years. He made a living by hiring a horse and delivering mail.
At the end of the 17th century the Feigenbaum also housed foreigners from Gießen, who worked as streetcleaners in the Judengasse, a rabbi and families dealing in linen.
The house was destroyed in the fire of 1711 but soon rebuilt. In 1864 the city took it over for demolition in 1879.